top of page
Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.39.53 PM.png
Did you know your classes at Theoria are recommended for transferrable College credit at over 1,500 cooperating colleges and universities nationwide?
Anchor 1



If you are pursuing a college degree, you may be able to transfer our ECE/CDA credit courses to over 1,500 colleges and universities nationwide for successful completion of learning experiences achieved here at Theoria Technical College.

View our College profile at NCCRS at:

Courses available for transferable credit recommendation are:

  • ECE/CDA-100 Child Growth and Development (3 ECE units)

  • ECE/CDA-200 Child, Family & the Community (3 ECE units)

  • ECE/CDA-300 Program Curriculum Theories, Methods & Materials (3 ECE units)

  • ECE/CDA-310 S.T.E.M. for Preschool (3 ECE units)

  • ECE/CDA-400 Infant Toddler Development & Care (3 ECE units)

  • ECE/CDA-500 Program Administration & Management (3 ECE units)

  • ECE/CDA-510 Adult Supervision & Leadership (3 ECE units)

  • ECE/CDA-600 Preventive Health & Safety with Pediatric First Aid & CPR (3 ECE units)

General course that have earned transferrable credit recommendation are:

  • Cultural Anthropology (ANTH-101)

  • Developmental Math and Algebra (MTH-101)

  • English Composition (Advanced) (ENG-102)

  • English Composition (ENG-101)

  • Intercultural Communication (COMM-112)

  • Introduction to Health (HLTH-101)

  • Introduction to Sociology (SOC-101)

  • U.S. History (1600-1877) (HIS-101)

  • U.S. History (1877-Present) (HIS-102)

  • Workplace Communication (COMM-101)

How can I get college credit for my NCCRS evaluated courses? 
How do colleges decide whether or not to award transfer credit? 
Which colleges/universities cooperate? 
Help me!! Request for Assistance with Transfer Credit

Are our units transferrable to community colleges and/or universities?


Steps to Transfer Credit

Step One:

Request that an official transcript of your course(s) completed at Theoria Technical College be sent to the college or university of your choice. 

Step Two:

Upon application to a college/university, meet with an academic advisor and review your transcript. Ask about their PLA (prior learning assessment) process or policies. Tell them about the NCCRS Online directory should they need detailed information about the course and credit recommendations.

Step Three:

If you encounter problems with your transfer credit request, please submit a Request for Assistance Form so NCCRS can advocate on your behalf.




How Colleges Decide to Grant Transfer Credit

  1. Residency Requirements: Most colleges require students to complete a specific number of credits from their institution in order to be granted a degree there. Many four-year colleges require students to take up to 60 credits at their college toward a 120 credit baccalaureate degree, so they will not grant more than 60 transfer credits.

  2. Course or Program of Study: The courses students are seeking transfer credit for should align with those offered at the college in keeping with the requirements of the program or major the student is pursuing. For example, if a student wants to enroll in a dentistry program, chances are that specialty courses in dramatic arts or fire science may not be granted transfer credit because they don't fit the program of study.

  3. Grades and Course Level: Generally, students must earn at least a C (70%) or above to receive transfer credit for any given course, although some colleges may require a B or higher. Likewise, a lower-level English course will not fulfill the requirement of an upper-level English course. Remedial courses generally do not warrant any transfer credit.

  4. Accreditation: Colleges and Universities may decide to accept only those credits earned at a regionally accredited institution, although the US Department of Education recognizes national accrediting agencies as well.

  5. You may file an appeal at the college if you are denied credit. Be sure to ask your advisor or department chairperson for a copy of the appeal process. If you need assistance with transfer credit for your NCCRS evaluated courses, fill out a Request for Assistance.



Cooperating Colleges and Universities?

Over 1,500 Colleges and Universities across the U.S. have indicated a willingness to accept our courses reviewed by NCCRS.

Follow this link to search the database of over 1,500 Colleges and Universities.  You can search by state or by name.



Request for Assistance in Transferring Credits

If you encounter difficulties in receiving transfer credit, please complete this form to request assistance from NCCRS. NCCRS will email the college official and advocate on your behalf to request that the college award credit for the learning experience(s) you completed. If your request does not submit properly, please provide the information below in an email sent to sends e-mail)

Are our units transferrable to community colleges and/or universities?


That is decided by the college you are transferring to.  It is an industrywide policy that whether any colleges units can be transferred to another college is decided not by the college issuing the units but by the college accepting them.  NCCRS recommended transfer units courses are just that, they are recommended, and over 1,500 colleges and universities indicated a willingness to accept recommended courses that have been evaluated by NCCRS, but the college admitting you will decide whether or not to accept them.  The good thing for you is that should you have any challenge with them recognizing our NCCRS evaluated courses (see the course list above). you have an advocate on your side.  NCCRS will advocate on behalf of our students based on the relationship NCCRS has with the college.

Woman with Crossed Arms

NCCRS is pleased to recommend college credit for Theoria Technical Colleges ECE/CDA & GE course(s).


Through our professional evaluations, we support the recognition of high-quality workforce training programs delivered by qualified organizations across the country."

NCCRS Director Lisa Sax Mahoney

Anchor 2 Steps to Transfer
Anchor 3 How Colleges Decide
Anchor 4 Cooperating Colleges
Anchor 5 Request for Assistance Transfer Credit
Anchor 6 are units transferrable
bottom of page